environmental production consultant
UK broadcasters are responding to an urgent need to make the broadcast industry greener and have started to take action to comply with changing legislation. In the new broadcast world sustainability will no longer be a “bolt on” to the way you make your programmes. It must be embedded in the very DNA of the production.
- As an environmental production consultant, I help make TV green, advising, guiding and encouraging sustainable activities in all aspects of programme-making.
- Creating an environmental management system for your company or production that will reduce your carbon footprint, saving money that can be spent on screen.
- I work closely with the BAFTA Albert Consortium as an albert ambassador, guiding productions through the albert+ environment management system that everyone working in the media is being encouraged to adopt.
- I will gently and clearly guide your company make the transition to more sustainable ways of working.
- I can measure your carbon footprint, identify best practise and implement a sustainable production strategy.
- Deliver Carbon Literacy Training for cast, crew and production team
to ensure you meet the new gold standard albert+ criteria.
- This will support contractual compliance and will have a positive impact on the people you work with and places you touch. Something your audience will appreciate.
albert is the home of environmental sustainability for the UK screen arts. The place to share, learn and act on our impact. Click on the link above to find out more.
The BAFTA albert consortium is delivering FREE Carbon Literacy training to help individuals get to grips with sustainability and uncover what can be done. Successful completion of the course equips delegates with the knowledge and skills to reduce their person carbon footprints and to create productions in a more sustainable way.
- Although short-term local measurements of 400 ppm have been recorded previously, this marks the first time since record keeping began that CO2 levels were above 400 ppm globally for a month.
- Already we're seeing the deadly effects of climate change in the form of rising seas, monster storms, wildfires, and extreme weather of all kinds. Passing 400 ppm is an ominous sign of what might come next -- and it sends a clear signal that the world must act.
- The safe level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is 350 parts per million. The only way to get there is to immediately transition the global economy away from fossil fuels and into into renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable farming practices.
- The last time CO2 levels were this high, humans did not exist. Our dependence on fossil fuels is fundamentally changing the nature of the planet -- and it's time to act.